v1.10 Released 2011-7-16
- fixed a problem for some users that caused a dialog to repeatedly report "The programme was unable to access the internet to check for updates". This version helps resolve this problem.
- packaged with tzdata2011h (the most recent tz data)
v1.9 Released 2011-7-5
- replaced map by openGL 3D globe on Add/Edit Location Dialog
- Add/Edit Location Dialog made fully modal
- Better tooltips in Add/Edit Location Dialog
- either Explore or Clocks may be brought to top using click
- changed caption on Explore window
- delta character restored to astro pane of explore window
- modified skyband colours, and made clock hands more visible
- refresh clocks better if time was changed by using explore dialog
- packaged with tzdata2011h
Known issues: XP only, if Add/Edit globe sits on top of the clocks (obscuring the clocks), some flickering can occur. This is caused by a limitation of XP itself. This is not an issue on Vista/Win7.
v1.8 Released 2011-4-18
- bugfix: fixed 'access violation' introduced in v1.7 when clicking latlng buttons near edge of map.
v1.7 Released 2011-4-15
- home time hint on taskbar icon.
- faster map dragging, less jumpy especially over ocean.
- map pixel lat/lng more accurate for centre of pixel.
- reduced 'largest city' range on map to find more cities.
- made crosshair 'sticky', to show position of nearby large city.
- moved 'horizonal' out of 'sort' menu - was hard to find for new users.
- changed wording and added 'recommended' to Auto Update tz Data.
- general code cleanup, cleaner startup.
v1.6 Released 2011-3-26
- Remove unnecessary 'scanline'/'visible' dialogs - not required.
- Help hint shown on first run.
- Don't grey menu item if option is valid.
v1.5 Released 2011-3-24
- Calculation optimizations, program now takes 50% less cpu time.
- Minor calculation improvements when near new moon.
- Restored CCW skyband, it ran CW by mistake in v1.4.
- Minor bug fix if editing lat0/lng0.
- Refresh of explore window improved when fast scrolling through dates/times using the keyboard up/down keys, or especially the up/down buttons.
- More clocks get anti-aliased. v1.5.41
v1.4 Released 2011-3-21
- Better drawing technique improves refreshing of hidden clocks when they are redisplayed, mostly for nVidia adapters.
v1.3 Released 2011-3-20
- New drawing technique has changed colouring slightly, but reduces 'smearing' or crashing on some less known video display adapters.
- clocks can now be pushed up off screen, in the same way they could be pushed left, right or down offscreen in previous versions.
v1.2 Released 2011-3-18
- also supports internationalized (Unicode) filenames and file paths.
v1.1 Released 2011-3-13
- When selecting an unnamed location for a clock (by using the map, or by entering lat/lng directly) the software now uses a more intuitive method to choose a timezone rule. It will now use the timezone of the closest named location within 200 nautical miles (370 Km). If none is found in the database, it will default to GMT+- zones. Please read the help for more details.
- When selecting a named location that has an obsolete timezone name in the geonames record, the new timezone name is now shown instead of a blank.
v1.0 Released 2011-3-10
- Initial release.